script type="text/javascript">

Followers

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Tutt Appost 289 5th AV .....PARK SLOPE


It has been awhile since I have blogged about restaurants. Not much eating out. Too many great restaurants closing. Too many people out of work. But new restaurants are emerging. And i have been waiting for one that revives the longing to tell all to all. 


I HAVE FOUND SUCH A PLACE.  THEY CALL THEMSELVES A RESTAURANT AND PIZZA BAR. CONFESSION: i didn't have pizza . I did have a tasty tangy beet salad  (Barbabietole) and  the best 

lasagna  I have had for 50 years.  The white Fiano wine was new to me , but we are now friends. This had been a fine place that also made crafty pizzas called Gristmill. I hope the GRISTMILLERS 

are well. They left their hut shaped oven. I hope to return soon to begin sampling the pizzas.



 

LEFT:The back room tent stacked with fire wood for the pizza oven.
Right The LASAGNA (half which i am going to eat now)


UPDATE : LAST WEEK WE RETURNED AND ORDERED A PIE. NOT ALL GREAT PIZZA IS ALIKE. THIS ONE HAD A UNIQUELY CRISPY CRUST AND A SAUCE THAT WOVE OREGANO AND BASIL AND VIRGIN OLIVE OIL TOGETHER IN A WAY THAT MADE YOU THINK"AHHHHH".

SEE TOP PHOTO

1 comment:

J & A Vins said...

I can’t wait to go!! I miss the pizza place that was there even before Gristmill. It was amazing amazing !!