script type="text/javascript">

Followers

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

THE NASH ; 925 11 St CALGARY; RESTAURANT AND OFF CUT BAR....a Canadian Treat with a style that evokes Nashville

 Jack was right. This was the place. Jack Gardner is my Canadian nephew-inn-law whose most memorable

line at  his wedding to Meryl as he was crying through his tribute...was a fast aside, "I eat Quiche TOO!" 

Even then I new this hockey player had a soft spot...and always had food on his mind.  A 15 minute taxi

brought us from the center of town to a suburban community called Inglewood.





Burratta 
Little Gem

yam and chickpea

                       Local Rainbow Trout





3 scoops:Lemon and caramel and I forget
The service was top notch including a kind few checkins from the chef's spouse/restaurant manager. I particularly appreciated  wait person Greg who when I asked him about the meringue like Pavlova that accompanied the scoops, and whether he thought Pavlova also had a dog...like Pavlov.....could have grimaced but instead said, "I was thinnking that but was too afraid of your reaction."

No comments: