script type="text/javascript">

Followers

Sunday, April 28, 2019

GARGIULO'S OF CONEY ISLAND . 2911 W 15ST


 The last time I saw my friend Teddy Gargiulo it was 1964. I have been in Coney since but food came via Nathans or Totono's Pizza. This walk on the boardwalk brought us to the place Teddy's
family once owned. The new owner said a member of that family had recently been in.
For us, this visit was a perfect end to a Brighton and Coney boardwalk hike.





The Caesar salad was just right for sharing and Jeanne enjoyed her Ravioli. The 2 and1/2 lb lobster I had could have been shared by a family,but mine was not with us...so...all gone. and no red sauce on my shirt.


Bib free without disgrace. Desert offers included Spumoni and Tartuffo and Cannoli but we opted for the Tortoni in a paper accordion folded cup with the almond crust...as part of the time travel experience. Jerry was the waiter and he was a cross between my HS friend Angelo and the finest
full fledged waiter.


Lobster Fra Diavolo with Penne



Smith and 9st Bklyn F train to Coney






No comments: