script type="text/javascript">

Followers

Monday, April 30, 2012

HAKKASAN 311 West 43st

I dare the Times to give this first new real China cuisine restaurant less than three stars. I have no photo of the best dim sum I have ever had and the clay pot chicken was superb but I have no picture of the spicy prawns...because you cant photograph magical disappearing food. There is a picture of the caramelized banana and peanut butter  deconstruction and some day i will find the strength to describe the perfect Albarino. Oh i loved the bar tender from Arizona and the wait person from South Africa and the somolier.


 from another time...but I really liked walking through this incredible space guided places you only needed to pass if the guide wanted to be sure you had a peak at every fantastic angle. Find the door by spotting the calligraphy and swoop in for the mystery tour and taste trip. And vegi lovers will love it too.

No comments: