script type="text/javascript">

Followers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sperry's since '32 in Saratoga but just lifted by The Hattie's team

I once met Hattie and later ate her fried chicken. I was about to return when I learned she had sadly left this earth. Her team, including a delightful Crystal, brought their special touch to the venerable Sperry's @30.5




Carrots like none you've had



POPOVER
 Caroline Street and in their garden earshot from some soothing live music we ate well. Dover sole was served at my brothers wedding in Montreal ("Fish at a wedding?" my mother  questioned with dripping disgust. "No," my brother shouted," Its DOVER SOLE!" and this reminded me of how right he was. And then there was the panzanella salad and the popover with gruyere  the carmelized carrot balls and the pasta to make a series of other points about how right we were to bet on what must be the odds on favorite at Saratoga.

DOVER
PS drinks at Maestro's was also a pleasure.
Panzanella

No comments: