script type="text/javascript">

Followers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pellegrinos Pizza Bar Noyac rd Southampton

A good garlic knot...my one nice thing I can say

Brother and Granddaughter riding in 4th parade

Two dishes at once
Rarely do I pan a restaurant. Usually I skip it. But every now and then a restaurant causes such misery that I feel I owe it and my readers(the choice few) a duty to warn. Here is such a case. The week- end and the 4th itself were great. Great family meals at home....but Tuesday we were headed to Paul's (previously reviewed in December). But Paul's was closed Tues..so to Pellegrinos and they are usually closed Tues  but not the 3rd...so we thought my 5 year old granddaughter would like the pizza. We reserved for 7 PM. We arrived at 7...Caroline ordered an appetizer and another as a main...both came together.after an hour and a half wait. We ordered wood fired pizza..."oh didn't we tell you only regular pizza"..fine..but it too came after Sophie was asleep on a lap. "The food will be right out" was followed by a fifteen minute wait...9 pm last pizza came and was offered free but not taken. The host owner seemed nice and the waitress also, but swamped. As in "It's not an excuse but everybody came at once"...and then when Patrick got up to ask about a kind of beer the server said "not now I'm busy"..we were so anxious to love this place...oh and the pasta fagiole had little pasta in it and the pizza was so so....and thanks but No thanks for the offer of free desserts...and when they showed me the time the order went in we were crazed since we waited 45 minutes just to place the order...sad when a restaurant is so unready that it can take a family full of laughs and turn them to frowns. Make me wait but not my granddaughter!   Thank goodness it didn't rain on the 4 Th parade and Sophie got to ride in her grand uncles convertible with two WWII vets and that just helped to erase the memory of Peligrusomes.


Pellegrinos on Urbanspoon

No comments: